School iPad program
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) is a school program that allows students from years 3 to 7 to bring their own iPad to school and use in the classroom as an additional learning tool.
The BYOD presentation slides are available here for parents who are going to take part in our BYOD program in 2021.
Visit Apple or your local department store to purchase an iPad.
- AirPlay – Enables students to share and collaborate in a classroom on a larger display with their iPad.
- Digital assignment worksheets, submission and feedback.
- A light, reliable, versatile and affordable BYOD device for your child.
- iPad (6th, 7th, 8th generation), iPad Air (2019, 2020), iPad Pro (9.7-inch), iPad Pro (10.5-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch). iPad mini (2019) is also fine. Identify your iPad model
- iCloud – “Find My iPad” is switched ON. (anti-theft & tracking)
- Personal insurance on device
Before Bringing Your Device To School
- Ensure the device is up-to-date, running iPadOS 13 or above. Click here for help updating your device.
- Setup an AppleID for your child following these instructions – Family Sharing and Apple ID for your child
- Remove any SIM cards or disable cellular connectivity. This is to ensure the device’s web access is properly filtered while at school.
- Enable “Find My iPad” to enable tracking/remote wipe in case it is lost or stolen. This also enables Apple’s Activation Lock , meaning that a stolen device can only be used again by entering the owner’s AppleID username/password; this acts as a theft deterrent.
- Sign Up to Office 365 (free) to use Office Apps
The school does not provide repairs/support for BYOD devices. If the device is broken or malfunctioning it is up to the owner to resolve these issues. Please make yourself familar with our BYOD Policy for further conditions.